8 July 2011

New Layout//pinterest love.

Hi

News flash, I have made a new layout! I didn't realise how long it was until I went through my albums. I think what with revision and exams my mind was not focused enough to sit down with pretty paper. In any case it would have felt wrong not to give a new box of paper the time and attention it deserves!

Thankfully my mojo hasn't totally disappeared and this page came together really easily. For the first time I used a patterned paper as a background. I love the effect. It actually gave me much more freedom to lay off the embellishments as there was less empty space to fill.


I also experimented with "clashing" colours and patterns. I wanted a fair ground feel to the page hence the tickets, raffia ties and colours.

I have also discovered paper bunting. One major love affair. The boy better look out!




On a totally different topic, I have joined pinterest. I know I am slightly late but figured joining in the middle of my exams would be a mistake. That was confirmed when I spent the better part of this morning pinning and re pinning. It is very addictive but also very useful. I can collate a lot of ideas, inspiration and layouts in one place. Amazing and so aesthetically pleasing.

So if you are around please stop by and follow.

Hope you are having a lovely few days.
Thanks for stopping by

Loves xxxx

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Great layout,Abi...love the paper bunting.

JO SOWERBY said...

hurrah for time to craft abi. glad ur enjoying the pinterest addiction, i told you so,
jo xxx

Jo.C said...

I like the bunting - I wasn't sure how to use that paper as I was worried it would detract but it works really well cut up as bunting. Great LO

Miss Smith said...

Great page! I love the text on the banner.