1 May 2015

Do you see what I see?

Today Ali posted this prompt on her blog..."photos are powerful story sparks. There is so much below the surface that relates to who we are and the way we see ourselves." Take a photo and ask yourself the question "do you see what I see?"


So here's mine...In this photo...

I see a woman who in her head still thinks she's a girl.

I see a woman teetering on the edge of finishing her degree and waiting expectantly for the next thing with perhaps a degree of impatience!

I see a woman comfortable around people she has known for nearly three years now. Close in that way that only comes with having lived together, cooked together and fallen out together!

I see a woman who struggled with that outfit that evening. Who wanted to try and look sophisticated and smart but somehow still looks younger than she is.

I see a woman who was pleasantly surprised by the compliments on her said outfit.

I see a woman who is about to start writing a new chapter, one where the boy is going to take centre stage in her everyday.

I see a woman nervous for change but excited too.

I see a woman embracing the last few weeks of student life, celebrating with friends, trying not to grumble about the work but enjoying what it is for now.

I see a woman who that afternoon spent over an hour looking up new sewing patterns and didn't feel guilty about it one little bit.

I see a woman still trying to figure this blogging lark out. Trying to suppress the guilt of posting/not posting, commenting on others blogs and making the time to read. Knowing in her head, no one will mind either way.

Ultimately though, I see a woman enjoying life, enjoying laughing and enjoying the friendship of these special people.

Thank you Ali for a fun way to look at a new photo. 


11 comments:

Ruth said...

I see a girl on the threshold of an amazing future.
You might like to know that at almost 47, I still think of myself as a girl ...
I thought Ali's post was very powerful this morning and certainly one of the best of late.

Nathalie said...

Sounds like I need to go read Ali's post! I see a very happy and positive girl who is living life to the fullest :) great post Abi!

debs14 said...

I see a girl making the most of every opportunity, comfortable in the company of good friends who will remain in her life for much of her future.
A girl who still has many more exciting times ahead?

debs14 said...

That should NOT have ended with a question mark!
Please read it with an exclamation mark instead!

scrappyjacky said...

I see a girl who is looking happy and confident.

ally said...

I see a young woman enjoying life.

JO SOWERBY said...

I see 4 beautiful young women who have grown together over the last 3 years as women, students and friends. I see one particular woman who is beautiful, intelligent, wise, fun, loving, an amazing blogger and photographer and someone who inspires me alot. I am almost 50 and I still feel like a little girl at times and 70 at others. I see a women I care a great deal about as a blog friend
Jo xxx

Julia said...

I read Ali's post earlier today and thought how insightful it was. Especially her partners comments! Loved reading yours and I see a woman who is enjoying life to the full x

alexa said...

A super post, Abi. And having got to spend time with you in person, I think you could rightfully add the words 'an inspiration to others' in here too :).

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great take on Ali's prompt

Miriam said...

I love this post Abi! I see a beautiful young woman bright and alive and happy.