2 September 2015

Sandals made for walking

I'm back after a glorious time away and I have lots of stories to tell. 

First up, is the story of a pair of shoes. 
These shoes have been on my feet every day for a month. 


I bought them at the start of the summer, knowing I needed something comfy and practical to walk the streets of Denmark, Sweden and France, and boy did they do the job! 

These sandals have walked the beautiful tree lined streets of Copenhagen. 
They have explored the royal palaces of both Sweden and Denmark and have entered many a bakery to stand on tiptoe staring at the mounds of cinnamon rolls. 


These sandals have taken me to numerous harbour sides. 
They have dangled over the edges of the canal wall as I have licked an ice cream. 
They have walked onboard boats and got wet getting too close to the inviting looking fountains.


These sandals have tackled some heights. 
They got onboard a cable car and took me up into the Pyrenees. 
They have climbed steep hills to get views out over the city of Gothenburg. 
They have even been on a high ropes and rock climbing adventure. 


These sandals have seen pavements and cycle lanes, craggy rocks and green grass. 
They've taken me on planes and cars and trams and boats. 
They've have been stupendously comfy, day in, day out. 

These sandals are now in the cupboard, probably not to return for another year. 
Their next outing will most probably be a rather special holiday with a rather special man. 
For now, the boots are firmly back on and Autumn awaits....

Do you have a special pair of shoes? 

These Sandals are Saltwaters. They are quite pricey but super comfy and made to last. They also come in an array of beautiful colours. I am already eyeing up the red ones! 

18 comments:

debs14 said...

Those sandals sure have some tales to tell! I have a favourite pair of cork soled Dr Scholl sandals that come on holiday every year. They're getting a bit tatty and they don't make that style any more so I can't replace them, but fingers crossed they have a few more miles left in them yet!

Barbara Eads said...

You are so lucky to have found a pair of shoes that you can wear anytime---anywhere. They go easily from day time to night time! I can see you on the dance floor too!!!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

What a fun and clever way to come back to blogging after your break, Abi. Love the sandals and the memories you've made with them. :o)

Ruth said...

Comfy shoes for the win! And very lovely they look, too. A great post to end your blogging break with.

Louise H said...

Welcome back! I have a favourite pair of sandals, just because they are super comfy but my long black boots are probably my fave item of footwear (I think they may be getting dug back out with the way the weather is heading.

Patio Postcards said...

Lovely and glad you had a wonderful time and full of tales to share on your blog :)

Mel said...

Great post - they do look really comfy!

Melissa said...

Yes, they are great sandals. I have the silver ones.

Karen said...

I have a pair of sandals that walked the streets of Istanbul, the trails in Santorini, and many, many miles here since then. They are not, however, as cute as yours! I'm definitely not ready to trade them in for boots. Hoping to get another month from them at least!

Julie Kirk said...

I was going to say [before I got to the end] that you should mention the brand ... I'd tweet/FB them too ... who doesn't like good publicity!!

Your break sounds wonderful, and special trips like that are always more enjoyable without blisters! I recently bought a pair of shoes that - for style reasons I *really* wanted to wear to visit London last week. In the end, being realistic about how much walking we'd be doing, I wore my good old comfy walking shoes instead. I even wore them with socks too - nice socks, but still ... socks ... [*that's* how much I wanted to avoid blisters!] :-)

Sian said...

They look lovely! At the opposite end of the scale..I was banned from wearing my sandals this year. Let's just say I had bought them for comfort..

Lou said...

sounds like they had quite the adventure. When i get a pain of comfy shoes and wear them until they are no more :)

Alison said...

Welcome back Abi...those sandals sound as though they really deserve a rest!! Xx

scrappyjacky said...

Those sandals have certainly got around.

alexa said...

You sent me a-googling :). Oh, they look wonderful. I have earmarked at least two pairs for next summer! And a very inventive lens through which to let us glimpse your holiday. What adventures!

Julia said...

Welcome back and hooray for comfy sandals! Especially ones that have such fabulous stories to tell😊

Lizzie said...

They look very comfy! My niece, Keri-Anne, wore her navy Saltwaters all summer too.
Welcome back to blog-land, Abi! X

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea for a post and catch up! You're lucky to have found such great sandals to do all that in. It would be interesting to hear the stories those sandals could tell. :)