7 January 2012

Glorious 2012

Hi

So, as you may have seen the blog has had a bit of a makeover. I wanted to make it simpler, cleaner and more grown up-maybe! I have also made a facebook page so please do check that out if you have the time! I would love your opinions on any of it!

Back to the title of the post. The beginning of a new year always makes me feel odd, like I need a bit more get up and go. I knew I needed a project but didn't know where to start or what to do.

Inspiration came in two forms and I want to put this out now..the web is an awesome place for inspiration! The first came from Elise on her blog where she picks a word for the year. The second came from Ashleys "best of my days" project.

In short, I decided to choose a word that would sum up my year.

Glorious

(Bev will love this!) Glorious, is how I want 2012 to look. I've come to realise that I have a- what I believe-is a God given talent for creativity. I have the ability to make my space, my life look glorious through what I can create and photograph.

Naturally after deciding my word I needed to start brainstorming it. Enter Pinterest.
Man, I love this tool! These are a few of my favourites that sum up my mantra for the year.



The project I needed was inspired from Ashley's idea of writing down the best part of each day. So simple yet genius. This is Glory in action!

I wanted to make something pretty that could contain my best moments but also be practical. Thus, I cut up kraft paper, got out the sewing machine and made twelve little envelopes. I then decorated each with the month and pretty paper and filled with some lined card.


I hole punched the top of each and the tops of pretty prints I found on the web. I then joined the whole thing together with twine. Each month I can take off the appropriate envelope and it can very easily be carried around and written in. On the back of each envelope I have also written a small goal for that month- cannot wait to look back at these in a years time!


This is where I am at the moment, trying to find the glorious things of 2012. The blog redesign is part of that. It needed a facelift and what better time to do it!


Do you have a resoution or goal or word for 2012?

Thanks for stopping by

xxx

5 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow! The blog looks great! And what a good resolution - to find the good and glorious in every day.
Rinda

Kate Bucci said...

Hi Abi, the blog design looks great! And I really like your idea of monthly envelopes, I may have to borrow that. I haven't picked a word for 2012 yet :)

JO SOWERBY said...

Loving the new blog design, very grown up. I have also taken the time to re design mine too. My word for the year is Be and so far I am pinning my bits too under One lil word,
Jo xxx

scrappyjacky said...

The new blog makeover is wonderful....as is your project.
A great word to choose.

Beverly said...

I am thrilled with your one little word just as you thought I'd be ;) Put you and Jo together and my life philosophy is kicking in...Be Glorious!....and remember in all things HE is glorious (and I have no doubt you hold that in your heart, Abi!)