21 February 2012

Tutorial Tuesday: Studio Calico notions

Hi all

Another tuesday and another tutorial. This is a tutorial I found a while back when searching for this product.

I love studio calico products but struggle to find them in the UK. One of my favourite products of theirs is the notion. I think these are too beautiful to put on a layout and had designs to string them around my room!

I figured they couldn't be too hard to make so had a go and failed dismally- the shape just wouldn't hold. So..after a bit of searching I came across this tutorial.

Very simple and very quick and voila I have my own string of notions below.

The tutorial can be adapted in any way. Change the size, change the paper you use, use newsprint rather than card, the ideas are endless! I think these would look lovely strung up in the trees in the summer!

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Ooh little cute paper flower thingies! How very lovely... I think I might make a few of those too. Thanks for sharing.