12 June 2012

This Journey

So we sit in the car,I'm concentrating on the road ahead.
He's fiddling with the chair.
For a brief second we catch each others gaze.
He smiles and we enjoy this time together.
A time to be.
He starts playing music and we laugh as we disagree.
As usual he plays the things I claim I don't like.
He knows though that after a good listen I will grow to love his music.
I catch him watching me.
His hand moves to my knee.
One gesture; I'm here. I love you.
We fill the time with words, with laughter.
We chat about the way things are,
The way things were.
How it feels nice to be on our own, on this journey,
Together.

4 comments:

Beverly said...

love that you savor the small moments in your relationship with The Boy :)

Sian said...

What Beverly said :)

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Your'e so beautifully poetic, Abi!

scrappyjacky said...

Beautifully written,Abi.