Today I am joining in with Shimelles Ten things. And you probably guessed it....here are ten things I have learnt as a new student....
1. Maps are good. It is no shame to look at a map, especially if you (ahem) have no sense of direction.
2. Many roads look alike but surprisingly they will not take you to the same place. I have been pretty lost on more than one occasion! See point one.
3. You can never have too much tea. Or biscuits for that matter.
4. Do not enter Tesco's through the door right next to the pastry and cakes aisle. The temptation is far too great!
5. Durham has a silly number of traditions, most of which I don't understand. I have learnt to just go with it. Banging pots and pans together at six in the morning to wake the other colleges up anyone?
6. Face time is good. Except my mother doesn't quite understand how it works. The novelty factor has not worn off after a week of using it. Bless her!
7. I love getting mail. I love getting mail from special blog friends. Thank you Mel!
8. The university library is intimidating. The intellect in that place is almost tangible. It is also nigh on impossible to find the book you are looking for without scaling the shelves. I lost both my friends and myself. Scary I tell you.
9. I am so very bored of saying "Hi, my name is Abi". I am thinking of changing it to Eric just to liven things up a little.
10. Uni life is exciting, nerve racking, funny and such a wonderful experience.
Thanks for stopping by!