Disclaimer: These are all over pinterest at the moment so I don't really have anywhere to link to but Lisa Leonard has a sweet tutorial.
Standard wool. I used DK weight but I think anything would work pretty well!
White cotton for hanging.
Something good on TV.
1. Grab your fork and start wrapping the wool around it. Make sure you leave a gap at the bottom of the fork like this...
2. Keep wrapping the wool until you are happy. Basically the more wool you wrap, the puffier the pom pom will be.
3. Cut the end. Thread another piece of wool through the middle prong and tie in a knot...
4. Pull the pom pom off the fork and pull that middle thread tight so it is more of a circle shape.
5. Get your scissor and cut open all those loops.
6. Trim your pom pom to get rid of all those straggly ends.
7. Voila- one sweet little pom pom. I then strung them on white cotton and hung them from my mirror. I think in the summer I will string lots up and hang them like bunting.
There are so many things you could do with these little pom poms. They are so addictive to make though. Don't say I didn't warn you!