19 December 2009

Christmas book Blog Train.

Hi. Today me and several other lovely ladies are linking up to showcase some of our favourite christmas books. please come join and get into the christmas spirit! You never know, you may find something to sneakily add to your christmas list! He he!
Ok, lets get the ball rolling..
My book is: Mary's first Christmas by Walter Wangerin Jr.

I recieved this book for christmas when I was ten from my Godparents and have loved it since then. It is the story of christmas told through Mary who is narating it to the young Jesus who she calles Yeshi. What makes it incredible for me, is the accuracy. It is illustrated beautifully and the images of Bethlehem are just wonderful. It is also very true to the Bible accounts with the three kings arriving two years after Jesus is born. It also includes Mary telling Jesus about the prophesy made by Simeon; that he will suffer many things.

To me what makes the book memorable is the illustrations, that really are incredible. It is also incredibly moving as we see Jesus in a new light, as a young boy discovering the story of his birth.

sorry the pictures aren't that good but you get the feel of it!

I would recomend this to any boy or girl aged about 5 years and up. It's one of those beautiful books you will have for life! For a review check out this site

So..on with the train to discover more books. Hop over to lizzie's blog to see what she has to show us..

Thanks for reading

Loves xxxxx

P.S If you get derailed on the train, the full list of ladies taking part is here:

Me, Lizzie, Mel, Jo, Amy, Kate and Sian (Thanks for joining ladies!)

5 comments:

JO SOWERBY said...

oh what a lovely book this looks. will have to give it a go,
jo xx

Lizzie said...

This looks like a very lovely book. I haven't come across it before, but I think I would like to read it.
Thanks for the recommendation and for setting up the Blog Circle too! It's been fun!

I tweeted about it on Twitter, so we may get a few visitors that way too.
x

scrappyjacky said...

I don't know this book,but the illustrations look stunning.

Amy said...

Abi, this does sound absolutely lovely and, you are so right ... illustraions can make a great book magical. I will look out for this one for my two munchkins, they'd love it for sure ..... mmmmm, I could add it for next years presents - already found great Christmas books for this year.

humel said...

Oh, I've never heard of this but it sounds great! Thanks for the recommendation :-)